Second Umrah: A Journey of Faith and Family

On April 21, 2018, I embarked on my second Umrah pilgrimage to Mecca and Medina. I was grateful for the opportunity to return to the holy land, and this time, I was traveling with my older sister, grandfather, mother, father, and older brother.

My Mother, Father, Older Sister, Older Brother and Grandfather at dates palm farm. source : ichsanmarifat.blogspot.com private property.


I was particularly looking forward to this trip because my grandfather is over 80 years old, and I wanted to help him experience the blessings of Umrah. I also knew that he had always dreamed of touching the Rukun Yamani, one of the four corners of the Kaaba.

Our journey began in Medina, where we visited the Prophet Muhammad's Mosque (Masjid an-Nabawi). We spent our days praying, studying the Quran, and visiting the Prophet's tomb. We also took a day trip to Uhud Mountain, where the Battle of Uhud took place.

Very busy day at the Nabawi Mosque. Source : ichsanmarifat.blogspot.com private property.


After several days in Medina, we traveled to Mecca. The city was teeming with pilgrims from all over the world. We checked into our hotel, which was conveniently located close to the Haram, the Grand Mosque that surrounds the Kaaba.

I was immediately struck by the energy and spirituality of Mecca. We spent our days performing the rituals of Umrah, including circumambulating the Kaaba, praying at the Station of Abraham, and running between Safa and Marwah.

One of the most memorable moments of my trip was seeing my grandfather cry after he successfully touched the Rukun Yamani. He had been trying to do this for many years, and he was overjoyed that he finally had the opportunity.

took a photo with my grandfather, showing the crowds of the Kaaba at that time. Source : ichsanmarifat.blogspot.com private property.


Another highlight of the trip was spending time with my family. We prayed together, ate together, and shared stories. It was a truly special experience to bond with my loved ones in such a sacred place.

Our Umrah trip was a journey of faith, family, and community. We were blessed to experience the spirituality of Mecca and Medina, and we created memories that will last a lifetime.

The clock was right at the middle exit of the Nabawi Mosque which is no longer there. Source : ichsanmarifat.blogspot.com private property.


Umrah is a truly transformative experience. It is a time to connect with Allah, to reflect on our lives, and to make a commitment to change for the better.

If you are blessed with the opportunity to perform Umrah, I encourage you to cherish the experience. It is a gift that will stay with you for a lifetime.

May Allah accept our Umrah and our dua.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post